About Sandesh...

A proud citizen of India living in the city of Pune. A software engineer by profession with more than decade of software development experience, currently innovating at Vmware. An active social worker associated with one of the biggest NGOs in the world, the Art of Living. Thanks for visiting my blog, leave me a comment if you like what I scribble here!

Monday, January 03, 2011

My new year resolution



Some of the things I would like to do this year...


Resolution #1: Reduce my carbon foot-print by half!!

When / What / How? =

A) Cut down on the car travel -

Never commute to office alone, come what may use the office bus!

Walk to the nearby places instead of driving whenever possible!!


B) Stop using plastic -

Carry cloth/paper bag while out for shopping, avoid plastic bags totally!

Stop drinking from "mineral" water bottles - at office and while traveling!!


C) Use the available resources judiciously -

Minimize the wastage of water at home, cut down on use of water while bathing!

Save electricity by reducing usage of gadgets and switch to a daylight saving time table!!



Resolution #2: Work on the personal discipline rigorously!

When / What / How? =

A) Wake up before sunrise come what may (really!!!! guys I am serious here)

Even if I go to bed past midnight! Get out of bed as soon as I am awake!!

Express gratitude for everything and pledge to strive for best before starting the day!!!


B) Sadhana - Stronger Deeper and More!!!

One round of Padma Sadhana, Sudarshan Kriya, and Sahaj is a must...

Remind myself "If Rick Evertz can do it, so can I" ... and remember "no kriya = no dinner"


C) Become more health conscious = Food Control + Daily Exercise - Excess Net Access!!!

Spend less time on net and more time reading books, meeting friends outdoors, going for jogs/treks/walks, etc. Remember that I got only 1 life to live, so got make the best of it!

Work sincerely at office. personal use of net in office is strictly prohibited - no gmail, gtalk, facebook, whatever.

Avoid eating late, watch the food I eat, and learn to cook some new healthy dishes!!!


Resolution #3: Spread the love and awareness to each and every person that I meet!!!

When / What / How? =

A) I am so fortunate to get Guruji as my guiding star... the best expression of gratitude will be to introduce as many people as possible to this wonderful path of knowledge of the Self...

B) Caring n sharing... let's celebrate the joy of giving by helping the less fortunate ones... my target = raise Rs. 51 lacks for the tribal schools project this year.

C) The Honda City can wait... but the first priority is to ensure the less fortunate kids of these schools have proper cloths, books, and smiles :-))))))


Cool!!! Sounds great! Let the fun begin....

Dear friend, if you happen to read this, appreciate if you call me once in a while and check if I am on track with this new year resolution!!!

Season's Greetings!!
Love, Sandesh

2 comments:

Ajey Kool said...

All the Best !!

Sandesh Sawant said...

Lets make this resolution more sincere one... and fun at the same time!!!

If you catch me coming to office alone by my car during year 2011, I will pay you Rs. 50/-

If you catch me drinking from a plastic water bottle any time during year 2011, I will pay you Rs. 500/-

If you call me after 9PM on any day and find that I have not done my daily sadhana on that day, I will pay you Rs. 5000/-

If you successfully organize a fund raising concert costing Rs. 50,000/- (Sumeru Sandhya with any artist of your choice in Pune / any other metro of India), you will get unlimited membership of my wii box :-)

Finally, if you help me in achieving my Rs. 51,00,000/- fund-raising target for the jharkhand tribal schools by the end of this year, you will be one of my dear ones to get a treat at the restaurant of your choice in Pune :-)

All The Best!!! Let the game begin.