About Sandesh...

A proud citizen of India living in the city of Pune. A software engineer by profession with more than decade of software development experience, currently innovating at Vmware. An active social worker associated with one of the biggest NGOs in the world, the Art of Living. Thanks for visiting my blog, leave me a comment if you like what I scribble here!

Monday, June 10, 2013

Where have I disappeared off late????

If this is the question on your mind then here is a quick answer...

Recently I switched teams within Cisco for a better shot at career alignment and focus. The move is poised to give me a foray into new technology areas such as network virtualization and software defined networking to complement the work that I have been doing in the areas of security and mobility. So these days I am spending more time in front of my laptop studying new stuff than anything else...


So what about the weekends? Why have I not surfaced at most of the social events which I was supposed to attend? There are two answers for this question...

#1 In the months of Feb & March I learnt a couple of spiritual practises which I ought to practise daily. This takes quite a bit of my time. But the reward is a pure exhilaration which comes out of performing acts which are very very secred and sublimely beautiful.



#2 In the month of June I enrolled for a weekend batch of French language classes at Alliance Francaise. The classes consume 6 hours of my each weekend supplemented by a couple of hours of self study on most of the weekdays. Those who have learnt a new language long after leaving the schools would be able to appreciate the amount of efforts required to grasp a new language at this time. More on the adventures of learning what they call the "language of love" in the days to come...


Now, out of the time remaining in my hand past these activities, a lot of it is getting spent in moving around to study the real estate market scene in and around Pune. Secondly further hours are getting used up in moonlighting to fuel up the entrepreneurship bug. As if this wasn't enough I am taken up the responsibility of guiding an engineering project this year in the area of virtualization security under the sponsorship of GEEP. Not to forget that I am slated to deliver sessions as a guest lecturer to he second year engineering students of SAE college. Given this will be a first of its kind experience for me, some thought and work has to go in to make it the best possible experience.

All said & done the bottom line is... I have been running tight on the time which I can spend for social causes and extracurricular activities. Not just that, these days I even find it hard to take out the time to give attention to my own fitness which is degenerating at a quiet pace thanks to the modern day "IT" lifestyle and its evident by the couple of extra pounds which I have put on within last 6 months :-( Notice the negative tone in the language? I guess its time to turn back to spirituality... the #1 solution to the problems of modern world living!


Grateful that I have at least realized the problem and even more grateful that I have the solution at hand!

JGD!
Snd

No comments: